Time to share a recipe with you all!
Today we are happy to share a new recipe with you that we found over at Delighted Momma's blog!
The Fourth of July just would be missing something if we did not celebrate it with some strawberry shortcake.
And this is a twist on the traditional strawberry shortcake we all grew up enjoying.
Say hello to Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar Paleo style!!!
Strawberry Shortcake Muffin Recipe
(in a jar)
- 2 1/2 cups of blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- Whipped cream we love coconut milk whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together the dry ingredients and then add in the wet ingredients. Mix well until everything is completely blended together.
- Place baking cups into muffin tray. Scoop enough muffin batter to fill each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full. Add a few more diced strawberries on top if you wish.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make strawberry shortcake jars:
Have your jars ready to assemble once the cakes are cooled down.
Remove cupcake paper and place one muffin in the jar.
Place a bib scoop of whipped cream on top of the cake and repeat.
Garnish top with fresh chopped strawberries.
Chill for 30 min or serve immediately.
Please check out more great recipes and clean eating ideas from Delighted Mommma.
Make it festive...make it fun for the Fourth of July!
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.