Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fourth Of July Mantel

Getting ready to celebrate the 4th!

Have you started any of your Fourth of July crafting and decorating yet? We were able to squeeze in a little in between the end of school, Fathers Day and some major computer problems {which are still not 100% resolved}. 

Since we could not locate any of our Fourth of July decor, we made do with upcycling, recycling and using some great free printables. this year we wanted to go with a more vintage Fourth of July decorating theme for our mantel. So, if you are ready, we would be happy to take you on a little tour.



As kids, we always had Fourth of July sparklers, roman candles, snakes, bottle rockets and a plethora of other fireworks. Sadly, those days of grand Fourth of July fireworks right in our own neighborhood are no longer legal. 

So to bring back some of that nostalgia, we made some fun decorations to mimic those fun fireworks memories.


To start: We spray painted recycled cookie cans with black spray paint. We actually used chalkboard paint on the cans because the cans were initially going to be used for something else, but that did not work for us. For the smaller cans we used recycled bean cans and covered them with pattern paper. All of the paper clip art on the mantel is from Martha Stewart.




Bottle Rockets!
Or our version of a childhood favorite.




Sparklers!
Just wrapped some pipe cleaners around our finger.


Paper Cones!
Stuffed with red gift bag filler and accentuated with some American flag picks.



Roman Candles!
Dollar tree jar candles wrapped with red streamer paper and blue tissue paper.






We hope we have inspired you to start your Fourth of July mantel decorating! 
Be inspired. Get creative!


Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,
But the Lord weighs the hearts.
Proverbs 21:2

Linking To
Natasha In OzPhotobucket{nifty button}I Heart Nap TimePhotobucketJoin The PartyPhotobucketTodays Creative Bloguncategorized Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {6 19}The Lettered CottageWe Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday...Southern LovelyLil\'Luna52 MantelsSNAP!Somewhat SimpleThe Frugal GirlsChic on a Shoestring DecoratingShine on FridayPhotobucketSimply Sweet Home Friday FavoriteTidyMomBLOG TITLEOrganize and Decorate EverythingThe Girl CreativeHow to Nest for LessGinger Snaps
Photobucketshabby creek cottageSeasonal Sundays # 107 – Fourth of July52 Mantels

25 comments:

  1. Looks like you are ready. I've yet to pull out my red, white, and blue this summer. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this ! i am working on my mantel now. what great inspiration ! beautiful job !!

    ~ jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing! I LOVE this mantel-- so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love how you used recycled cans and how easy it all seems to have come together! It's so festive! This would be a great addition to my Patriotic Link-Up Party going on now if you'd like to stop by and link up! http://www.ourhousestory.net/2012/05/patriotic-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely darling! I love it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Found you via Nifty Thrifty Things. :)

    Tiffany@ Tiffanyandcoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea perfect for the fourth. Thanks for sharing, im a new linky follower and would love if you followed me at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I hope you will link up to my Patriotic Project Parade!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up. I love your mantel decorations. I don't have a mantel but my mind is thinking where I could do something similar in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mantle turned out so fun and festive! Thanks for sharing this at the {what's shakin' link party}!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I like the idea of painted used cans!

    I have a Passion Parade Link Soiree happening today. I would love for you to share this :)

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is just perfectly festive! it looks like it is exploding with fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is AMAZing.. I am pinning this! Thanks for linking up at Friday fun party. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sure does look gorgeous. It looks like your 4th is going to be brilliant!

    I'm going to Google + this post right now.

    Thanks for linking up to Say G'day Saturday. This week's post is now live so I hope that you can join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute Kristin!
    I really like the idea of fireworks and the nostalgia! Very original! Thnaks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all these ideas! I think I need to do a little red white and blue around our house!

    Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/patriotic-crafts/

    Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute and festive! Just shared on our FB page!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun and festive! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Featuring YOU today!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/06/take-look-at-you-red-white-blue-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. The mantel looks amazing! All of your 4th of July ideas are so cute and creative!! Thanks for sharing. We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great mantel. Awesome job! I'd love for you to link this post to my weekly meme Seasonal Sundays. It's right on target.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is SO cute! I love how you used different types of fireworks in the display!!! I am featuring this at midnight tonight! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy you decided to join Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for linking up to my Red, White, Blue and You Link Party! I'm featuring your mantle next week!

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It