Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recipe Wednesday: Carrot Smoothie


Healthy Easter Smoothie

Time for something other than candy! We thought it was time to shed a little light on something a little more healthier this Easter season other than all the candy. So we came up with a simple, healthy, quick and sweet little Easter smoothie that is sure to win all the hearts of those you serve it to. 

What you should know first......

Carrots are rich inpoly-acetylene anti-oxidant falcarinol. Research at the University of Newcastle has shown carrot falcarinol destroys pre-cancerous cells in tumors. Carrots do help keep cancer away. Drinking carrot juice cleanses and restores the liver.

Beta-carotene is also a major antioxidant. The vitamin A and beta-carotene help maintain vision along with the carrots' fair share of lutein. Beta-carotene also maintains epithelial tissue, the tissue surrounding internal organs. Epithelial tissues are susceptible to cancerous growths. {source and to learn more}



Even the Easter Rabbit wouldn't refuse something as  good looking as this Carrot Smoothie!


Carrot Smoothie Recipe
Fresh carrots: about 5-6 med to large cut in thirds for a high power blender or whole if using a Vita Mix
Pineapple: fresh and cut up into chunks. As much or as little as you like. We used about 1 1/2 cups. 
Oranges: fresh squeezed 1 to 1 1/2 cups depending on how thick you like your smoothie. Ice as much or as little as you prefer.
Place all ingredients in blender and blend. Adjust thickness by adding more or less orange juice.  
We were able to fill our three bottles above with 1/2 cup extra.
Since it is not always possible to use fresh produce such as pineapple or oranges, the recipe should be fine by substituting frozen or canned pineapple and using bottled orange juice.


The color is so vibrant and full of health! No artificial dyes or colors, just 100% God created. Just imagine how great you and your family are going to feel after you drink this smoothie!

Put this Carrot Smoothie in fun little bottles or cups , and serve it to your little bunnies! They will just see a fun, Easter treat!  You will see all the health benefits they are getting! You just may find them asking for a Carrot Smoothie more often! Be inspired, get creative!


Do not enter the path of the wicked,
And do not walk in the way of evil.
Avoid it, do not travel on it;
Turn away from it and pass on.
Proverbs 4:14-15

Linking to:
Link Up To Our Weekly Party...Southern Lovely
{Junk in their Trunk}Photobucketmichellepaige


Photobucket Photobucket52 MantelsThe 36th AVENUECatch a Glimpse ButtonSomewhat SimpleThe Frugal GirlsFor the Kids FridayOne Artsy MamaSimply Sweet Home Friday FavoriteTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItshakentogetherThe SUnday ShowcasePhotobucket{nifty button}PhotobucketI Heart Nap TimeButtonUndertheTableandDreamingKeeping It Simpleg*ratedmop it up mondaysSkip To My Louall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {4/10}Todays Creative Bloghomeworka to zebra

18 comments:

  1. Oh looks so yummy! I wish I had a vita-mix ::winks:: I never thought of putting carrots in the blender. I used to have a champion juicer but it got lost along the way somehow. My mom makes me fresh carrot juice when I visit her though.

    I'm going to have to try this in my blender. I bet if I chop up the carrots it would work well since blenders will chop ice cubes. Nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and so good for the body

    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look super delicious! And I am trying to eat healthier ... and lose some weight ... so this could be a perfect alternative to eating my kid's Easter bunnies while they're in school ...

    ... not that I've ever done that in the past! (tee hee).

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! That is JUST what I was looking for!!! thank you!
    xo + Easter blessings,
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! I love carrots oranges and pineapples so I know I would love this! Thanks for sharing! xoxo- Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous and I can't wait to try it! I love oranges, pineapples and carrots so I know this is going to be so yummy! Just pinned this one :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing ... and I featured them today!! Love the addition of pineapple and oranges :)

    http://shakentogether.blogspot.com/2012/04/wow-me-wednesday-shaken-together.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these ingredients!! I will have to give this a try once I get my blender unpacked!
    I would love for you to share this with my Unveil Your Genius Link Party! (New linky every Thursday). Here's this week's linky link:
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/04/unveil-your-genius-link-party-5.html

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh, i love carrot smoothies! i used to get one all the time from jamba juice but i don't think they make it any more. i am definitely gonna give this one a try! we'd love for you to link this to our Sunday Best party. http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunday-best-fashion-crafts.html
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Carrot Smoothie Recipe sounds super yummy, I am going to give it a try. We love smoothie at our house.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Talk about healthy! I've never tried carrots in a smoothie but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! I've recently started creating healthy smoothies to get those extra vitamins and minerals into our bodies...my other half won't eat green though so this might be a perfect smoothie for him. I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just want to let you know I featured you on Blissful and Domestic today. Stop by and grab a button:>

    Danielle
    Blissful and Domestic
    http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/2012/04/10-new-yummy-treats.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those sound really refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like a fabulous way to hide some veggies in something yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It