Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kids Play :Toddler Pudding Finger Paint



Learning through play

We recently featured this little toddler craft over at Mess For Less. If you aren't familiar with Mess For Less, and you have little ones that you need fun and creative ideas for, from one mom to another, make some time to stop by and pay Vicky a little visit! She has lots of fun, inexpensive ideas. Here is our idea of learning through play, mess for less.





To make Toddler Pudding Finger Paint you will need: Vanilla instant pudding. Food coloring. Muffin tin. Finger paint paper {the smooth glossy type}. An old sheet. Optional: Paint brushes and craft sticks, or other interesting items.


Mix up your pudding according to the package directions. Depending on the age of your children, you can have them help by measuring and pouring and stirring the pudding in the bowl.


Next, fill your muffin tin cavities 1/2 full with pudding. Add food coloring and mix well. We found that some of the colors did not stay true due to the fact the pudding is a little yellow. It just made the colors more interesting.

Either use the pudding once it is mixed with the food coloring, or cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.

Now on to the busy little artists!


Please don't forget to put down your old sheet for the children and to keep your floor or carpet clean.


                       Away they go mixing and watching the colors change.


Time to get a feel of the paint on little fingers.

Although this was intended as "finger paint", paint brushes and craft sticks were a bigger hit than using their fingers.


                             Just wondering what color to use next.


Wow, do you think one of these colors might be Pantone's color of the year next year?!



                       Thinking about how to apply the paint on the paper.



               The stick makes the paint make interesting designs on the paper.




                   
                    Learning how to move a paint brush supper fast!


"Hey Patrick. Would you like to taste the pudding finger paint now?!"


          "Yes that's right, the stuff on your hand is pudding!"


                                         "Okay, ready!"



                                                 "Yuck!"

                  And that was the end for Patrick tasting the pudding finger paint.



If you have toddlers and need an activity for either indoors or outdoors that keeps them learning through play, give toddler pudding finger paint a try. Be inspired. Get creative!

Thank you Vicky for having us on Mess For Less!!!

Let all the earth fear the Lord;
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
Psalm 33:8


Linking to:
Mess For LessThe SUnday ShowcasePhotobucketPhotobucket{nifty button}PhotobucketPhotobucketI Heart Nap Time
Craft Schooling Sun.Post logoUndertheTableandDreamingKeeping It SimpleThe Girl CreativeSkip To My Loug*ratedCraft & Tellall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {4/17}a to zebrahomeworkTodays Creative BlogClick On The Button Below To Link Up To Our "Uncommonly Yours" Link Party! Join Us Each Wednesday!How to Nest for LessLil\'LunaSouthern LovelyThe 36th AVENUEPhotobucket Kampen Lane52 MantelsPhotobucketCatch a Glimpse ButtonThe Celebration ShoppePhotobucketBlissfulanddomesticWhat's cooking, love?The Frugal GirlsPhotobucketFor the Kids FridayPhotobucketSimply Designingthe Grant LifePoofy CheeksTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItSimply Sweet Home Friday Favoritemop it up mondaysoopsey daisy featureWhat's cooking, love?Lil\'LunaA++kitchenfunwithmy3sonsthe Grant Life

40 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I'm pinning it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a hit! I just pinned it! Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! Found you via Under the Table and Dreaming party :)

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    www.revolutionariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh how fun! now, do i dare do this with my 2 year old twins? hmmm, maybe in the summer when i can do it outdoors. :) we'd love to have you link this up to our Sunday Best party going on right now. http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunday-best-link-party.html
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Idea! I'm definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a lot of fun! I'll have to remember this for when I'm babysitting next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing idea! I don't have kids yet but when i do...I will remember this one for sure! Found you on Craft-o-maniac!

    PS- I have a super fun giveaway going on. I would love for you to enter!
    http://ohhbabydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/04/giveaway-1-dgordon.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this idea, so fun! I would love to have you share this at Sunday Round Up http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/04/sunday-round-up-5.html. By the way I'm pinning this for when my little guy is a little older, I'm sure he will love it! Have a wonderful week!
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing this at the Sunday Round Up.
    Rose
    http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to do something similar with colored whip cream, but this looks more like finger paint! http://www.babybearhugs.com/2012/02/how-to-introduce-finger-painting.html come over and visit!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! My son would inevitably put the paint brush in his mouth. No worries here. Thanks - Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how fun and perfect if you have a little one that likes to taste everything. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool. I am totally going to try this with my 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of fun! I'm sure my girls will enjoy painting with pudding, but I'll likely have to make another box of pudding for them to snack on after. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks SO much fun!! I just tweeted your link. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this idea, our little one is getting to this age.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got some little ones who would love this, but I'm pretty sure mine would be stripped down to their diaper and undies.

    Visiting from Southern Lovely #36, hope you'll stop by my blog too. :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha! I love his face when you ask if he wants to try it!

    This is a GREAT idea...I think we'll do make the 'paint' this morning...we actually have snow on the ground here---mid April---eeeyuck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cleaver is this. I love it and would love if you showed it off on my link party.

    kampenlane.com

    ~Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a great idea! Putting a sheet down is super smart. My daughter still puts everything in her mouth, so this would be perfect. I'm pinning this! I would love for you to link up to my What I Learned Wednesday Link Party! Hope to see you soon!
    http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-i-learned-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely adorable!! Hope you can link it up at my turquoise lovin' party!! (All projects welcome) http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks great fun. My kids are the opposite - much rather get their hands dirty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE THIS!! I'm going to feature you next Monday night! Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is such a fun idea, I knew that paint looked edible! And so great that he didn't like it, now you know he won't be tempted to eat real paint either! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a great idea!! It looks like your kids had a lot of fun. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-3.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! Visiting from live.laugh.rowe! Such a great idea! I have a toddler who would love to try this.. it looks like fun!

    Im going to poke around your site some more.. if you get a chance I would love for you to link up to my Friday party that starts tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So fun, so cute! I'm featuring this tomorrow! Hope you'll drop by!
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a blast and your little Patrick is such a little cutie!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  29. This just looks like so much fun!!! I love the mess.. and your LO is too cute! I will be featuring this tomorrow on the blog! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is really cute! I think my baby will love this when she's a tad older.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That looks fun!
    Great idea and I love the pics!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party at Embracing Change!
    So happy you were here!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks brilliant fun, I'm going to try and find some Jello equivalent in the UK and try this today. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for linking up to Showcase Your Talent Thursday, you have been featured http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for linking up to Financial Friday last week.. I shared this on my facebook page! Be sure to grab a button tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun & Craft Friday link party and would love for you to share this! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/04/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really loved this!!! I used it the other day with my little one. http://katescreativekitchen.blogspot.ca/2012/04/rock-pets.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. This looks like a yummy way to do art! My four year old would love it.

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It