Monday, February 20, 2012

Our Irish Mantel



It is time to start decorating with the Emerald Isle green of Ireland!  After a red and more energetic Valentine's Day decor palette, we are looking forward to the earthiness of green St. Patrick's day brings. 


We decided we wanted to get back to the "neutral" zone and have a more earthy, rustic St. Patrick's Day decorating plan. We incorporated elements that we think of when we think of Ireland and St. Patrick's Day. Green, lace, stone, shamrocks and Irish sayings.





To bring the Irish candle element into the decor scheme, we recovered out Dollar Tree tall jar candles with some vintage lace we had.


 For embellishment on the candles we tied a shamrock ribbon on and made up lace rosettes that we hot glued on to the ribbon. 


Those white vases have another purpose this month as candle holders for taper candles.






We love the way the candles turned out and they are possibly our favorite of the bunch!


Instead of a mantel garland we went with a "mirror" garland. To bring in even more of the Irish lace, we simply draped three different kinds of lace on the mirror and let it drape down the sides of the mirror.


 Since we always like having a little bit of black in our decorating, we simply left the mirror with it's black and copper~gold frame.




Our black framed Irish subway art print adds an element of festivity and style. We placed the print in a copper~gold easel stand.




We found this stone looking bowl while at the Dollar Tree and knew it would be perfect. 


We also found green apples and limes and placed them in the bowl along with our sweet Irish blessing.



To bring the shamrocks into the mantel we made some shamrock topiaries. We took our inspiration from our Valentine Can of Hearts.






We hope you have enjoyed Our Irish Mantel today! Even if you are not Irish or do not celebrate St. Patrick's Day, a little touch of green in the home is always nice! Be inspired, get creative!

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity
Than one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.
Proverbs 19:1

Linking To:

24 comments:

  1. fun!!! thanks for linking up to Make it MOnday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so cute! I love the lace Look! Found you over at Cherished Bliss! I am a new Linky Follower! Thanks!! -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. look lovely the green candles with white holders look awesome to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Irish hubby would love for me to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so beautiful! Thank you for linking up!!

    http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you were able to use the lace over the candle holders--how pretty. I am about to follow you on linky followers. I hope you can stop by and follow while sharing a favorite post at the It's a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Irish mantel. I just took my VDay stuff down but I'm getting ready for some green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE the touch of lace! That's my favorite part! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun. I'd love for you to link it up to my party. You can win a chance of free home decor just for linking up: http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/02/will-craft-for-laughter-and-grace.html
    Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your ideas for St. Patrick's Day. Been thinking about how I'm going to decorate. Really don't want to take down my "heart" stuff:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm Megan and new follower who found you through Vintage Gwen's link party. I love you mantle display. It's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the green and white combo, so clean and sharp!
    I'd love for you to come link this up to my *Get Creative* party this week
    http://www.justalittlecreativity.blogspot.com/2012/02/get-creative-linky-party-and-features.html
    Hope to see you there!
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty mantel! Love the freshness! Come and link it up please!
    Stacey at Embracing Change
    Creative Inspirations Linky Party (opens in a few minutes)
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you did over the candles with lace and the topiaries are super cute too! Thanks for joining us at A Crafty Soiree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty!!! I love the pops of green color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How festive! Such fun! I need to get the rest of our heart stuff put away and break out the green!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been trying to figure out how to decorate my mantel for St. Patty's Day, yours is gorgeous! I am hosting my 2nd link party, and would love for you to add this along with anything else you like!

    http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-2.html

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty! I love the touches of green!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kristin! Just found your blog via Nifty Thrify Things linky party( just linked up a Ballard Inspired DIY Pillow). So glad I found you - I am your newest follower. Your mantle is so pretty - I am currently reworking mine and you have given me some great ideas! Love how you used the milkgass vases as candle holders. I collect milk glass too, but don't have any of those narrow vases, but see them often at Goodwill. Next time I see some I am picking some up! Please drop by my blog sometime and say hello! I love to make new bloggy friends, comments and followers too :) Have a wonderful weekend! Heather @ settingforfour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by the link up and share your clever creation! Love the mantel and the touches you put on it! Very nice!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great mantle. I really love it and have been inspired to start my own St. Patty's day mantle. Love your blog and all your creative ideas. I'm your newest follower!
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your gorgeous Irish mantel!! So creative and PRETTY!! I've featured it at today's Mantel Monday!! Thanks SO much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kristin, your mantel is beautiful! I love the lace candles and shamrock rosettes especially! I'm featuring your post on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." tomorrow. Thank you so much for linking up!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!

Share It